This easy to make, delicious creamy roasted pumpkin soup with carrot and sweet potato will make you want more. Simply bake the carrots and pumpkin (face down) in a lined baking tray and roast until soft and browning on the edges.
In a separate pan, fry the onions and garlic. Add the chopped celery and fry. Lastly add the chopped leek, sweet potato and fill with water. Season and allow to cook slowly for a long time.
Serve with gluten free bread.
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 pumpkin cut in half lengthwise
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 carrots
- 1 celery stick chopped into small pieces
- 1 leek chopped chopped into small rings
- 1 sweet potato chopped into small squares
- Olive oil
- Fresh coriander
- salt and pepper
- Put the carrots and pumpkin, face down into a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper or silver foil and bake in the oven at 200ºC until soft and browning on the edges. The carrots may need taking out before the pumpkin is ready.
- Fry the onions, garlic, pinch of salt and a little chopped parsley in some olive oil.
- When the onions are transparent add the celery and continue to fry.
- Finally add the leek and sweet potato and fill the pan with water.
- Check the seasoning, heat until simmering, then turn down the heat and cook on a low heat for as long as possible, like 1 hour.
- Finally scoop out the pumpkin flesh and add to the pan along with the chopped roasted carrots.
- Serve with chopped parsley and fresh coriander with a swirl of cream on top.
Let me know in the comments how you get on with these soup recipes.