This delicious veggie wraps recipe is so versatile and easy to make. You can have it spicy or mild, with beans or without, and you can use up almost any vegetables you have in the fridge.
This is one meal that never goes wrong and always tastes great, no matter what you do to it! It’s one of the best recipes you can have up your sleeve.
The basic method is to chop up an onion, garlic and chilli and fry in in a little olive oil, plenty of cumin, a touch of coriander and ginger, and if you like, a sprinkle of turmeric. Season to taste and pour in plenty of oregano.
Next you add the vegetables that you’re using (strips of carrot, chopped courgette, red & green peppers, mushrooms…) to the pan in order of their hardness and stir to coat in the oil and flavours. Fry the vegetables until they’re soft and then add a dash of gluten free soy sauce, red or black beans and a tin of sweetcorn.
Check the seasoning and allow to cook for 5 minutes or so before adding a tin of tomatoes. You can also make the same dish using fresh chopped tomatoes, in which case you need to leave the whole sauce to cook for longer so that the tomatoes become juicy and lose their chunks.
Pre-heat each gluten free wrap in the microwave for 30 seconds or until it starts to bubble and then fill with the filling and fold in half.
I used these wraps because I love the flavour of them. There are also various different flavours to choose from if you fancy some variety.
You can add cheese inside and outside the stuffed wrap if you’re not vegan, but it’s delicious without too.
You just can't go wrong with this delicious veggie wrap recipe no matter how much you change the ingredients - it's always yummy!
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- Choose whatever you like from these (or other) vegetables:
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- chopped fresh chilli
- tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 4 mushrooms
- 10 fresh tomatoes or 1 large tin of tomatoes
- tbs cumin
- pinch coriander
- pinch turmeric
- salt & pepper
- dash gluten free soy sauce
- gluten free wraps for serving
- grated cheese if not vegan
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan or wok, add the chopped chilli, squeezed garlic and chopped onion and fry over a medium heat for a moment. Add a generous tablespoon of ground cumin, half a teaspoon of ground coriander, a pinch of ground ginger and turmeric and a generous amount of oregano.
- Add the carrots, either chopped or in strips, followed by the courgettes and after a few moments the peppers and finally the mushrooms. It isn't really necessary to have all these vegetables in your wraps and you can make them delicious even if you don't have hardly any variety at all. So don't despair if you only have onion and carrot for example!
- Let the vegetables cook until al dente to taste and then add a dash of gluten free soy sauce and the chopped or tinned tomatoes. Check the seasoning and add some black pepper. Leave to heat through and absorb the flavours - about 20 minutes.
- Serve in a gluten free wrap with grated cheese unless you're vegan.