This easy pea soup recipe has only 4 ingredients – peas, onion, olive oil and water. You can’t get an easier soup to make and it only takes a few minutes.
Pea soup’s tasty and nutritious, so the next time when you don’t have much food in the cupboard, or when your day goes pear-shaped and you don’t have time to make a meal, throw this soup together and you can be eating it in under 15 minutes.
All you need to do is chop the onion and gently fry it in olive oil and salt. When the onions are cooked, add a bag of peas (if making soup for 4 people) and allow to cook for a few minutes on the heat. Next pour on some water until just covering the peas and bring to a simmer.
It will only take about 10 minutes for the peas to be cooked and ready for blending. Slowly add more water until you get the consistency you want.
Grind in some black pepper and serve!
The easiest ever soup to make that's tasty and nutritious.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 1 large onion
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Chop the onion and gently fry it in olive oil with a sprinkle of salt.
- When the onion's cooked, add the bag of peas and stir.
- Leave the peas to cook for a few moments before adding water.
- Heat to a simmer and leave for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup and add more water as necessary until you get the consistency you prefer.
- Grind on some black pepper and serve.
You can also fry the onion in fresh parsley or add some green beans to the recipe, but it's delicious either way.
Easy-to-make food doesn’t have to taste any less good!