Everybody I know loves lasagne, and as I enjoy cooking it (occasionally!), it’s a cool deal for me. For this recipe I used Semper Gluten Free lasagne, which cooks like a dream and tastes even better than standard lasagne!
Of course you can just replace the Semper Gluten Free lasagne for any lasagne of your choice.
The preparation has three parts: vegetable sauce, creamy or bechamel sauce and finally layering into the baking pan and placing into the oven!
Remember, don’t worry about details. The trick to a good lasagne is a tasty, juicy vegetable sauce which you can make in loads of different ways. Here is just one example.
40 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hr, 25 Total Time
- 2 onions
- 3 large cloves garlic
- olive oil
- dried ginger
- 2 large aubergines
- 2 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 3 tbsp gram flour
- grated cheddar if making vegetarian not vegan
- Chop an onion and three large cloves of garlic.
- Put a little olive oil into the pan and add onion and garlic and a pinch of salt and cook on a low-medium heat.
- Add 2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp coriander & pinch of dried ginger (or spices of your choice).
- Chop two aubergines and add to the pan after letting the spices cook for a moment first. Sprinkle on a pinch of salt, stir and cover with a lid. Keep heat low enough so that the vegetables don't stick.
- Peel & Chop 2 carrots into slices and add to pan. Stir and cover.
- Chop 1 red pepper and add to pan. Check seasoning to taste.
- Allow to cook, checking frequently that the heat isn’t too high and the veg aren’t sticking.
- Once the aubergines are looking cooked, add 5 large chopped tomatoes (or 1 tin of peeled tomatoes) and stir and re-cook.
- Meanwhile for the bechamel type sauce, chop an onion and fry on low heat with 2 tsp of curry flavour of your choice. Sprinkle with salt.
- Once the onion is cooked, pour on more olive oil and once heated, add the gram flour, stirring all the time. Gradually pour on hot water from the kettle until absorbed by the flour (approx 3 tablespoons gram flour.)
- Add grated tasty cheddar if vegetarian not vegan.