This cauliflower and green pea curry can be rustled up in just over half an hour and tastes great with rice or quinoa, or serve with plain popadoms for a perfect light snack.
The basic sauce is based on tomato, onion, garlic, fresh ginger, spices and water. The vegetables I used here are cauliflower, red pepper and green peas, but you can change them for any vegetables you like.
6 Simple Steps to a Quick Cauliflower Curry with Peas
- Put the black mustard seeds in hot olive oil and wait until they start to pop. Add the onion, fresh chilli if using, squeezed garlic and squeezed or grated ginger and fry for a few minutes on a medium heat. Click here to buy black mustard seeds.
- Next, add the spices or curry blend that you’ve chosen and fry for a few moments.
- Put the veg into the pan and stir to coat in the spice mix. Season with salt.
- Add water to the pan, and heat to simmer. Cover the pan, reduce the heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- When cooked, add some green peas and enjoy!
Easy-to-make cauliflower and green pea curry. Delicious with rice, quinoa or popadoms.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 cauliflower, in small florets or half florets
- 1 onion, sliced into thick half-rings
- 1 red pepper or 1 green pepper, chopped or sliced
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, squeezed
- 1 cm piece of fresh ginger, squeezed
- 1 small red chilli (or chilli powder to taste)
- 1 tbs mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp masala curry blend
- 1 tsp garam masala
- olive oil for cooking
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds until they begin to pop.
- Next add the chilli, garlic and ginger and fry for a few moments, followed by the onion.
- Lastly, sprinkle in the cumin, turmeric and curry blend of your choice, season with salt and cook, taking care not to burn the spices.
- Add the cauliflower florets and stir around in the spice mix.
- After a while, add the chopped pepper and cook for a couple of minutes in the spices.
- Pour in a water to create some liquid sauce in the pan.
- Cover, and leave the cauliflower to steam in the juice until almost ready.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and cook until the cauliflower's ready to eat.
- Meanwhile cook the peas in the microwave or in a separate pan and finally, add the peas and serve with rice or quinoa or popadoms.
You can vary this recipe to suit your taste: more or less spicy, juicy or dry, or add other vegetables for variation.
Serve this cauliflower and green pea curry with quinoa. If you want to cook perfect quinoa in a rice cooker, you can read about it in this post.
Any questions? Leave them in the comments below!