This quick tofu stir fry can be made with any vegetables you have to hand. I love broccoli so that’s almost always one of the veggies I use in my stir fries.
For this recipe I’ve added mushrooms and green beans, but it varies each time and you really can adapt this quick tofu stir fry to suit your preference or use whatever you have available at the moment.
All you need is some organic firm tofu, fresh vegetables and garlic plus some gluten free soy sauce. And if you like chilli, you can add a bit of fresh chilli.
You can’t get much quicker than this stir fry and it’s also really tasty and simple to make. Chop up the vegetables and you’re ready to go.
Heat a little olive oil in a large wok type pan and add the crushed garlic. Fry for a few moments on a medium heat until slightly browned – be careful not to burn the garlic.
Add the beans and broccoli to the pan and sprinkle with a little salt. If you’re using different veggies, add the hardest vegetables first.
After a few minutes add the mushrooms and tofu and allow to cook. If you prefer the vegetables softer, cover with a lid and allow to steam until you get them to the texture you want. I like them crunchy – but I know people who prefer them softer. If necessary, pour in half a glass of water for the steaming.
Finally, pour in a little gluten free soy sauce and leave to cook for a few moments. Serve on its own or with a gluten free wrap.
The quickest meal that tastes yummy.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- Organic, firm tofu
- 1 head broccoli
- Handful of green beans
- Olive oil for the wok
- Garlic, crushed
- Gluten free soy sauce
- Optional fresh chilli
- Heat a little oil in the wok and add the crushed garlic and chilli if using.
- Let the garlic cook before adding the chopped broccoli and sliced green beans.
- Sprinkle with salt and stir over a medium high heat.
- After a few minutes add the mushrooms and tofu.
- Leave to cook for a few more minutes. Keep an eye on the vegetables in the wok and stir as necessary.
- If you prefer the vegetables soft instead of crunchy, add half a small glass of water and cover with a lid so that they cook in their own steam.
- When the veggies are cooked how you like them, pour on some gluten free soy sauce and stir.
- Leave for a couple of minutes to absorb the flavour.
- Serve alone as a quick lunch or accompanied by gluten free wraps.
Sprinkle on the salt before you add the mushrooms as salting the mushrooms will make them ooze liquid and become soggy.