A traditional dish in Andalusia, this roasted bell pepper salad recipe can be made with red, yellow or green bell peppers. The sweetest are the red peppers so they normally make up at least a part of this dish.
For this recipe, I used red bell peppers but feel free to use green and yellow ones too. The variation of colour is attractive too.
This dish is easy to make but can seem complicated because of the prior roasting and peeling of the peppers. Once that’s done it’s a doddle. It may not look like the most attractive dish in the world, but believe me, it’s delicious and perfect as an extra salad on the table.
All you have to do is roast the peppers and if you don’t know how, then follow the recommendations in this post on how to roast sweet peppers.
Alongside the peppers, roast 1 large onion and 1 large tomato. When the peppers are done, you’ll cover them with silver foil to let them sweat in their own heat for a while.
When they’re cool, peel the peppers and tomato and slice into strips. Also peel the onion and cut into slices lengthwise – into julienne-style strips.
Pour over the roasting juice from the roasting pan, sprinkle on a little salt, lots of black pepper and a pour on a drizzle of olive oil. Serve warm or cold.
The only time-consuming part to this is the roasting of the peppers, so if you do that in advance, you can make this roasted red pepper salad in 5 minutes.
5 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 2 large red peppers
- 1 large green pepper - if you like
- 1 onion
- 1 large tomato
- salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Follow the instructions on how to roast sweet peppers.
- Leave the peppers to sweat in their own steam which will make them easier to peel.
- Peel the peppers and the tomato and cut into slices.
- Cut the roast onion into juliette slices.
- Put the slices of pepper, tomato and onion onto a plate and then pour on the roasting juice from the peppers, a little salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Click here to read how to roast your bell peppers for this tasty roasted bell pepper salad recipe.