With this simple, yummy tomato soup recipe you can make easy-peasy fast soup, or you can prepare a stock the day before and add the tomatoes the next day for extra flavour.
You can also make it all and leave it to stand overnight before you eat it. Whatever you do, it’s simple to prepare and delicious to eat.
Remember that you can make this with very few ingredients (but still lots of tomatoes) or you can add more vegetables, whatever you have to hand.
Use any vegetables you have in your kitchen, stir fry with garlic and parsley and add water and salt to taste. Reduce lots of tomatoes in a wok and add to the soup pan. Serve with a splash of vegan cream.
20 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- Olive oil.
- 6 cloves garlic, minced into oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- generous helping of parsley
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 red pepper
- 1 carrot chopped in half lengthwise and then into 2 inch bits (for easy later removal)
- 2 Celery stalks finely chopped
- salt, pepper
- 8-12 tomatoes chopped.
- Heat the olive oil and add the ingredients in the order they appear in the ingredients list, or just follow the rule of hard veg first and then softer veg.
- Stir fry the vegetables and season to taste.
- Add cold water or stock and the sweet potato and bring to a simmer.
- Turn to a medium heat and allow to cook to absorb the flavour of the vegetables.
- Heat a little olive oil in a wok and add the tomatoes.
- Heat on a high heat, stirring to stop them from sticking, until they begin to lose their shape.
- You can wait until the lumps are all gone, or you can add the tomatoes to the stock while they still have chunks. Entirely up to you!
If you liked this tomato soup, check out this delicious gazpacho recipe.
Let me know how you get on!