This vegan chick pea curry recipe’s one of the simplest you could find for making a quick but satisfying, creamy curry.
I love to make various curries and the wonderful thing is that each time you make a curry you can vary the flavours or ingredients and have widely changing dishes from the smallest of adaptations.
This one’s so easy it has its place at the top of the list for one to throw together when you’re short of time or patience, or both.
The basic method is to fry some onion, ginger, garlic and spices of your choice in a little olive oil.
After a few minutes, when they’re looking transparent, add some chopped mushrooms.
Let the mushrooms cook for a few minutes and then add the chickpeas.
Next come the chopped tomatoes.
Finally add the spinach.
When the spinach has shrunk down it’s time for a tin of coconut milk. Turn up the heat and reduce the sauce.
Serve with homemade gluten free bread or for a more filling meal, with rice or quinoa and a green vegetable of your choice.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 jar chick peas
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 mushrooms
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 tin coconut milk
- turmeric, cumin, curry mix & chilli powder
- Finely chop an onion in your vegetable chopper and add to a pan with a little hot olive oil and 2 squeezed garlic cloves.
- Stir and fry for a few moments.
- Add 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp curry mix of choice, chilli powder to taste.
- Stir the spices until cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add 5 chopped mushrooms and cook some more.
- Next add the tomatoes and heat to reduce the tomatoes into a juice.
- Finally add the chick peas and the tin of coconut milk.
When you’ve tried this recipe, let me know what you think in the comments below.