This vegan, gluten free, weight loss vegetable soup is an essential part of my health plan when I want to feel good and lose weight.
I eat it all day long and it makes me feel completely satisfied. As well as the soup I eat one other meal at lunchtime, and the rest of the time, soup. My favourite, easy to make, weight loss soup.
When I’m on my healthy weight loss plan I don’t go hungry because of this soup. I don’t suffer cravings or have any negative side effects . . . I just lose weight. And I feel great.
And the soup is simple, quick and easy to make – but it’s still really tasty. You can vary the vegetables for whatever you have in the fridge or whichever ones you like best. And you can play around with the flavours for variety.
You can add protein, choose more or less of one vegetable or anther, but the secret is simple. One pan of water, lots and lots of vegetables, a slosh of extra virgin olive oil, a bit of salt, turmeric, cumin, soy sauce and Marmite.
Or base the soup on this tasty vegetable stock and it will have extra flavour.
A delicious, simple soup that takes very little effort and can be eaten throughout the day.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 onion sliced into half rings
- 2 celery stickes broken in half
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 small artichokes, sliced into thin slices
- 1 tbs turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Marmite
- gluten free soy sauce
- olive oil
- Fill a large pan with water.
- Add all the vegetables, herbs and spices and a good slosh of olive oil.
- Add the Marmite and a dash of gluten free soy sauce.
- Leave to cook on medium heat.
- When the veggies are tender, check the flavour of the water and adjust the flavouring accordingly.
- Add a bit of chilli powder if you like.
- Add beans or tofu for a bit of texture and protein.
You can vary any of the vegetables and also add chopped tomato to change the flavour and give it a tomato tanginess.
What do you think of this soup recipe? Let me know in the comments below and I’ll get back to you a.s.a.p.